Friday, February 18, 2005

Last day for TF and the new day for the FC...

Let's start with this morning. First I am ready to make a deposit. I pulled open the cabinet and then ended up getting it slammed on my arm. Not a great morning. Then I start to highlight stuff and I ended up highlighting my hand. I also dropped my pen and then another pen on the floor. I think I nearly tripping while leaving the AS's room. Then I made a big mess and then had to figure out how to do or keep stuff in order. I might as well just have them all in a binder, but then it looks unprofessional to have holes punched in them. Oh well.

So OG was in the office today as he said he would be in everyday. Great. Just great. He was asked to go to the "attic" and pull some files. I made a comment to AA saying the only thing going through OG's mind is CHA-CHING! He goes and gets the files and I think he put away some too. PMT comes in and says that TB asked her to come in to look over people who she might send to the attorney. I swear she told me to send four (4) to them. I tried to get started on it, but she said I never said that. The joke's on her when she wants me to do it on Tuesday.

It's nearly two and the AS still isn't back from lunch. I think she was eating with her husband, but I'm not sure. She was gone for ages. Finally AA and I say let's go to eat. We can't wait for her to come back to eat Japanese food. I ended up not eating that and just having Vietnamese. After I just walked around to just try and relax.

I get back from lunch thinking that the FC will be there. He wasn't. I was thinking where is this kid? I know he must not have a car, but why isn't he here? Was he having too much fun or something since it was his day off of school? He does show up and Landa tells him what to do by handing him a piece of paper that means nothing to him. He then gets started on the filing of the folders. I see him and then try to help him out. I make a few suggestions and then get back to what I'm suppose to be doing.

The new person in the office is the FC. He's in high school (Lowell) and he's a senior. His name is Alex. Yeah everyone remembered, but me. OK AS didn't remember, but that's her. Poor guy is standing around waiting for something to do, but the OM is on the phone. I take the chance and tell him to go get the pile of papers that are outside and then start sorting them out. He does so in PMA's office since he'll be away until Wednesday. Poor guy is trying to figure out what to do and then he gets stuck. He asks AA, but she doesn't know and then he asked me. I try to help him out saying this is the best say to do it. Of course, everyone has their own way of doing things, it's just that my way makes more sense. OK I'm BIASED.

Poor guy hasn't even done a lot of filing, but at least I know he'll be coming in every single day. It'll take him about two months to get those two piles down. I would have tried to help him sort out the files, but I don't really have the time. I don't want to take home the papers to sort it out for him. The best advice I gave him was, "If you can't find it them out it aside and get back to it later." That way he can get the pile down to a manageable size and then do it later on.

My pet peeve of the day from the AS is: She asked if there was paper ordered because we had no more and the front took the last two packs leaving the back looking for some. She only knows how to use it and thinks "magic elves" brings paper into the office.

Hours overtime today: .5

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home